Reception Desk Decorating Ideas10 min readReading Time: 7 minutes
Reception desks can be found in all types of businesses, from small mom and pop shops to large corporations. No matter the size of the business, the reception desk is an important part of the decor. It is the first thing that customers see when they walk in the door, and it sets the tone for the rest of the visit.
There are many ways to decorate a reception desk. Here are a few ideas:
1. Use a theme.
One way to decorate a reception desk is to use a theme. This could be a specific type of furniture, a color scheme, or a particular style. For example, a Mediterranean theme could include a brightly-colored rug, an ornate mirror, and some plants.
2. Add plants.
Plants are a great way to add life to a reception desk. They can brighten up the space and make it feel more welcoming. Plus, they can help to improve the air quality.
3. Use art.
Another way to add personality to a reception desk is to use art. This could be a piece of art that reflects the business’ style or something that is unique to the area. For example, a local art gallery could use artwork from local artists.
4. Use accessories.
Accessories can be a great way to personalize a reception desk. They can add a bit of color and personality, and they can also be used to communicate the business’ brand. For example, a business could use a logo or a slogan as an accessory.
5. Use furniture.
Furniture can also be used to decorate a reception desk. This could include a desk, a chair, or even a couch. This can be a great way to add comfort and style to the space.
Decorating a reception desk can be a fun way to express your personal style and to show off your business’ brand. These are just a few ideas, so be sure to get creative and think of something that will make the space feel welcoming and unique.
Table of Contents
- 1 What should be on a reception desk?
- 2 How can I decorate my reception area?
- 3 How do I create a front office reception area?
- 4 How can I turn my desk into a reception desk?
- 5 Why should the reception desk face the door?
- 6 What items are important to have in the reception area?
- 7 How do you design a good reception?
What should be on a reception desk?
When you’re designing or decorating your reception area, it’s important to make sure that the reception desk is fully stocked and equipped with everything that your front desk staff will need to provide great customer service. Here are some of the most important things that should be on a reception desk:
– Receptionist’s chair – This is essential, so that your receptionist has a comfortable place to sit while they’re working.
– Desk area – This should be large enough to accommodate a computer, printer, phone, and other necessary office supplies.
– Guest book – This is a great way to keep track of who’s been in the office, and can also be used to gather contact information from clients.
– Phone – A reception desk is not complete without a phone, so that your front desk staff can easily communicate with clients and other staff members.
– Pen and paper – It’s always helpful to have a pen and paper handy, in case there’s something that needs to be written down.
– Nameplate – This is a great way to ensure that your guests know who they’re speaking to, and can also help to build a good relationship with your clients.
– Business cards – Make sure that your receptionist has a supply of business cards, so that they can easily hand out contact information to guests.
– Marketing materials – If you’re looking to promote your business, make sure that you have some marketing materials handy, so that your guests can learn more about what you do.
– Treats – A nice way to show your guests that you appreciate them is to have some treats on hand, such as candy or fruit.
By ensuring that your reception desk is fully stocked, you can make sure that your guests have a positive experience when they visit your office.
How can I decorate my reception area?
The reception area is your guests’ first impression of your business, so it’s important to make a good impression. Here are some tips on how to decorate your reception area:
1. Make sure the space is clean and organized.
2. Use bright colors to create a cheerful atmosphere.
3. Hang artwork or use decorative objects to add visual interest.
4. Use comfortable furniture to create a relaxing environment.
5. Make sure the space is well-lit and inviting.
6. Use plants to add freshness and life to the space.
7. Make sure the reception area is properly furnished and equipped.
8. Use signage to provide instructions and guidance for guests.
9. Make sure the reception area is welcoming and inviting.
10. Experiment with different styles and layouts to find the perfect look for your business.
How do I create a front office reception area?
A front office reception area is one of the most important parts of a business. It is the first impression that customers have of your company, so it is important to make sure that it is well-organized and inviting. If you are not sure how to create a front office reception area, here are a few tips:
1. Choose the right furniture. When choosing furniture for your front office reception area, make sure that it is both comfortable and stylish. You may want to consider investing in a couch, a few chairs, a coffee table, and a desk for your receptionist.
2. Create a focal point. One of the best ways to make your front office reception area more inviting is to create a focal point. This could be a beautiful piece of art, a plants, or a fireplace.
3. Make sure the area is clean and organized. One of the most important things to remember when creating a front office reception area is to make sure that it is clean and organized. Make sure that all of the furniture is arranged in an orderly fashion and that the area is vacuumed and dusted regularly.
4. Add some personality. One of the best ways to make your front office reception area feel more inviting is to add some personality. You can do this by adding a few personal touches, such as photos, plants, or decorations.
5. Install a reception desk. A reception desk is a must-have for any front office reception area. Make sure that the desk is big enough to accommodate all of your paperwork and that it has plenty of storage space.
6. Choose the right lighting. The lighting in your front office reception area is very important. Make sure that it is bright and cheerful, and that it creates a warm and inviting atmosphere.
7. Add a rug. A rug can help to add some extra personality to your front office reception area. Make sure that the rug is big enough to cover the entire floor and that it is made from a durable material, such as wool or synthetic fibers.
8. Add a water cooler. A water cooler is a great way to keep your front office reception area looking neat and organized. It also provides your guests with a convenient place to get a drink of water.
9. Add a sign. A sign is a great way to let your guests know that they have arrived at the right place. Make sure that the sign is big enough to be seen from a distance and that it is easy to read.
10. Train your receptionist. The most important part of creating a front office reception area is to make sure that you have a qualified receptionist to staff it. Make sure that your receptionist is friendly and courteous and that she is familiar with all of the policies and procedures of your company.
How can I turn my desk into a reception desk?
There are a few things you can do to turn your desk into a reception desk. You can purchase a reception desk, or you can convert your desk into a reception desk.
If you want to purchase a reception desk, there are a few things you should keep in mind. You’ll want to choose a desk that is the correct size for your space. You’ll also want to choose a desk that is the correct color and style for your business.
If you want to convert your desk into a reception desk, there are a few things you’ll need to do. You’ll need to add a countertop to your desk. You’ll also need to add some shelves to store your paperwork and supplies. You may also want to add a sign to your desk to let your customers know that they are being greeted by a receptionist.
Why should the reception desk face the door?
There are a few reasons why most businesses and receptionists believe that the reception desk should face the door. One reason is that it makes it easier for people to find the receptionist. When people walk into a business, the first thing they should see is the receptionist who can help them with whatever they need. If the desk is facing away from the door, people may not be able to find the receptionist right away and could end up wandering around the business confused.
Another reason is that it makes it easier for people to leave. If the desk is facing the door, people can easily say goodbye to the receptionist and leave. If the desk is facing away from the door, people may not want to leave and could end up staying in the business for longer than necessary.
Overall, the majority of businesses believe that the reception desk should face the door so that people can easily find and leave the business.
What items are important to have in the reception area?
The reception area is the first thing guests see when they enter your office, so it’s important to make a good impression. Here are some items that are important to have in the reception area:
1. A welcoming sign
2. A desk for the receptionist
3. Seating for guests
4. A television or other type of media entertainment
5. A counter for the receptionist to work at
6. A printer
7. A telephone
8. A computer
9. A fax machine
10. A scanner
How do you design a good reception?
Designing a good reception area is key to making a good first impression on visitors to your business. Here are a few tips on how to design a reception area that is both functional and visually appealing.
Purpose: The first thing to consider when designing a reception area is what its purpose will be. Will it be a space for people to wait in before being seen by a doctor or lawyer? Will it be used as a place to meet and greet clients? Will it be a space for employees to take a break? Once you know what the purpose of the space will be, you can begin to design it accordingly.
Layout: The layout of a reception area is important, as it needs to be both functional and visually appealing. Try to make use of space wisely and think about how people will use the area. Will people be sitting or standing? Will they need to be able to move around freely or will they be confined to a specific area?
Seating: If people will be sitting in the reception area, you will need to provide enough seating for everyone. You may also want to consider providing comfortable seating, as people may be waiting in the area for a while.
Storage: If the reception area will be used as a place to meet and greet clients, you will need to provide space for them to leave their coats, hats, and umbrellas. You may also want to provide storage for files and other office supplies.
Display Space: If you want to use the reception area to showcase your company’s products or services, you will need to provide some display space. This could be in the form of shelves, cabinets, or a wall-mounted display.
Decor: The decor of a reception area can be used to give visitors a taste of what they can expect inside the business. Try to use colors and materials that are consistent with the rest of the business. You may also want to use artwork or other decorative elements to add visual interest.