Stair Landing Decorating Ideas7 min readReading Time: 5 minutes
A stair landing can be a great place to add a little bit of personality and style to your home. Here are a few ideas for how to decorate your stair landing:
1. Add a rug. A rug can add some color and personality to your landing, and it can also help to keep your feet warm on cold winter days.
2. Hang some artwork. A few pieces of artwork can add some visual interest to your landing and help to create a cozy and inviting space.
3. Add some plants. Plants can make your landing feel fresh and vibrant, and they can also help to improve the air quality in your home.
4. Add some furniture. A small piece of furniture, such as a chair or a bench, can provide a place to sit and relax on your way in or out of your home.
5. Add a mirror. A mirror can help to make your landing feel larger and more spacious, and it can also help to brighten up the space.
6. Add some decorative accents. Simple decorative accents, such as vases, candles, ornaments, or throws, can add a touch of personality to your landing.
7. Add a rug runner. A rug runner can add some visual interest to your landing and can also help to keep your feet warm on cold winter days.
Table of Contents
What do you put on stair landing?
When it comes to what to put on a stair landing, there are a few things to take into consideration. The first is the purpose of the landing. A landing can serve as a place to stop and rest, a place to put a bag down, or a place to put a key so you don’t lose it on your way into the house.
If you’re using the landing as a place to stop and rest, you might want to put a comfortable chair or bench there. If you’re using the landing as a place to put a bag down, you might want to put a small table there or install a coat rack. If you’re using the landing as a place to put a key, you might want to put a small bowl or dish there.
No matter what you put on your landing, make sure it’s something that will be useful to you. Something that’s just taking up space won’t do you any good.
How do you style an upstairs landing?
An upstairs landing can be a great place to add some style to your home. It’s a small space that doesn’t require a lot of furniture or decor, making it a perfect place to experiment with different styles. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
1. Start by painting the landing a bright color. This will add some life to the space and make it more inviting.
2. Add a rug. A rug is a great way to add some personality to the space and to add some warmth.
3. Add some furniture. A small bench or chair can be a great way to add some function to the space.
4. Add some plants. Plants are a great way to add some life to the space and to make it feel more welcoming.
5. Add some artwork. Artwork can be a great way to add personality to the space and to make it feel more personal.
What do you do with space on top of stairs?
What do you do with space on top of stairs?
There are a few different things that can be done with space on top of stairs, depending on what is available and what is needed. One option is to use the space for storage, by installing shelves or cabinets. This can be a great way to utilize the space and to keep clutter off of the stairs.
Another option is to use the space for seating, by installing a bench or a few chairs. This can be a great way to provide extra seating in a small space, or to provide a place to sit while putting on or taking off shoes.
Another option is to use the space for a desk, by installing a small desk or table. This can be a great way to utilize the space and to keep work or school materials out of the way.
Whatever option is chosen, it is important to make sure that it is safe and that it does not interfere with the flow of traffic. It is also important to make sure that any furniture or storage units installed are properly secured to the wall or the floor to prevent them from falling over.
How do you decorate a hallway landing?
Hallway landings can be tricky spaces to decorate. They’re often small, and the space can be easily cluttered up. But with a little bit of creativity, you can turn a hallway landing into a stylish and functional space.
One of the best things about hallway landings is that they’re perfect for displaying small pieces of furniture or artwork. Try placing a small table or chair in the space, or hang a piece of art on the wall.
If you’re looking for storage solutions, consider adding a small cabinet or shelf to the landing. This will give you a place to store books, magazines, or other items.
If you’re looking to add some colour to the space, consider using a brightly coloured rug or wallpaper. This will add some personality to the space and make it stand out.
Whatever you do, make sure that you keep the space neat and tidy. Hallway landings can easily become cluttered, so make sure that you have a place for everything and put everything away when it’s not in use.
How do you decorate a narrow landing?
A narrow landing is a small space at the top or bottom of a staircase. It can be difficult to decorate because there is not a lot of space to work with. However, there are a few tricks that you can use to make the space look larger and more inviting.
One way to make a narrow landing look bigger is to use mirrors. Mirrors reflect light and create the illusion of space. Place a mirror at the end of the landing to make it look longer.
Another way to make a narrow landing look bigger is to use light colors. Pale colors reflect light and make a space look larger. Paint the walls of the landing pale blue or green to make it look larger. You can also use light colored carpet or flooring to make the space look bigger.
If you want to add some color to a narrow landing, choose a bright color that will stand out. This will make the landing more visible and inviting. Add a brightly colored piece of furniture, rug, or artwork to the space to add personality.
Finally, you can use plants to decorate a narrow landing. Plants add life and color to a space, and they can also help to make it smell nicer. Choose a few small plants to add to the landing. Or, if you have the space, you could add a small garden to the landing.
With a little creativity, you can make a narrow landing look great!
How do you decorate an enclosed stairwell?
It can be difficult to decorate an enclosed stairwell, but with a few tips, it can be done.
One way to dress up an enclosed stairwell is to add wall art. You can find affordable art online or in thrift stores. If you have some creative skills, you can also create your own wall art.
Another way to dress up an enclosed stairwell is to add plants. Plants add life and color to a space and can help to improve air quality. Choose plants that are easy to care for and that will thrive in the environment of your stairwell.
You can also add accessories to an enclosed stairwell to dress it up. Try adding a vase of flowers, a piece of furniture, or a rug.
With a little creativity, you can transform an enclosed stairwell into a beautiful and inviting space.
How do you brighten a landing with no windows?
There are many ways to brighten a landing with no windows. One way is to install a light fixture. You can also use floor or table lamps to brighten the space. Another option is to use mirrors to reflect light into the landing. You can also use light-colored paint or flooring to brighten the space.